Re: RaiserFS PPC status

"Jason E. Stewart" wrote:

> OK. What's the deal with ReiserFS on PPC?
>
> When I go to JeffM's page it lists the patch to
> reiserfsprogs3.x.0j. But debian already has a reiserfsprogs. However,
> when I try to run 'mkreiserfs /dev/hda13' I just get a 'Usage: ...'
> line.
>
> So I did a apt-get source of resierfsprogs, but the patch doesn't apply
> cleanly, because only the Makefile.in changes have been added.

I don't quite understand what you mean here. Probably JeffM's patch conflicted
with the Debian patch(es). You could try looking at the .rej files and merging
the stuff.

Or you could try
http://people.debian.org/~daenzer/reiserfsprogs_3.x.0h-2_powerpc.deb, be aware
that probably only mkreiserfs has a chance of working there.

> This makes me pretty leary. Could someone who has ReiserFS running
> give an indication of what you had to build from scratch and what you
> could use from unstable?

I had to build everything myself. That's the deal currently with Reiser on
PPC. :)

--
Michel Dänzer           |      Relog-Reagency AG      |        http://relog.ch
Weinbergstrasse 108     |         8006 Zürich         |     +41 (0)1 368 55 55