Re: RaiserFS PPC status

On Mon, May 07, 2001 at 08:58:45AM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> "Jason E. Stewart" wrote:
> >
> > OK. What's the deal with ReiserFS on PPC?
> >
> > When I go to JeffM's page it lists the patch to
> > reiserfsprogs3.x.0j. But debian already has a reiserfsprogs. However,
> > when I try to run 'mkreiserfs /dev/hda13' I just get a 'Usage: ...'
> > line.
I had the same effect.

> > So I did a apt-get source of resierfsprogs, but the patch doesn't apply
> > cleanly, because only the Makefile.in changes have been added.
 You had to do something wrong.. For me patches both for kernel and
 reiserfsprogs (taken from Debian mirror) applied cleanly. After this
 mkreiserfs worked perfectly ok.

> I don't quite understand what you mean here. Probably JeffM's patch conflicted
> with the Debian patch(es). You could try looking at the .rej files and merging
> the stuff.
 They don't conflict. At least I don't remeber any rejects (and i already
 deleted source tree)

 Patched 3.x.0j-2 is available here:
 ftp://ftp.plukwa.net/pub/debian-local/reiserfsprogs_3.x.0j-2ppc_powerpc.deb

 (i've "bumped" revision number)

--
 Robert Ramiega | jedi@plukwa.net  IRC: _Jedi_ | Do not underestimate
 UIN: 13201047  | http://www.plukwa.net/       | the power of  Source