Success! (was Re: External Monitor under Pismo)

"Michel Dänzer" <michdaen@iiic.ethz.ch> writes:

> "Jason E. Stewart" wrote:
>
> > I don't want to mess up my existing configuration so I only want to
> > 'make install' if I can get it to happily install someplace other than
> > /usr/X11R6/*
>
> You'd have to set ProjectRoot in host.def before the build.
>

> > Shouldn't I just need to install
> >
> > xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ati/r128_drv.o
> >
> > into /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers and restart the X server?
>
> Bingo! Backup the original one though. ;)

Hey Michel, You're wonderful!!!

I'm writing this email to you off my ViewSonic21 running at measly
1280x1024 but it's much better than the 1024x768 I got using
'mirror'.

I rebuilt r128_driver.c with the CRTOnly code commented in, added:

Option "CRTOnly"

to my XF86Config, and took out:

Option "ProgramFPRegs" "No"

(that last one caused me quite some grief till I read the code and
realized it wasn't running the CRTOnly check unless registers were
on....)

And it works!!!!

I'm happy to provide my recompiled r128_drv.o to pismo folks. Perhaps
Michel can put it on his WWW site?

Cheers!
jas.