Re: noflushd segfault (was Re: Spin down of pismo's Disk and sound) (fwd)

> > This sounds like an excellent idea, but when I run apt-get I get a
> > segfault:
> >
> > Setting up noflushd (2.4-2) ...
> > Starting No Flush Daemon: BUG at disk_info.c line 169: Unable to determine device dir at /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0/disc
> > /etc/init.d/noflushd: line 47:  1018 Segmentation fault      start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile /var/run/$NAME.pid --exec $DAEMON -- $PARAMS
> > noflushd.
>
> Have you looked at line 47 of that script to see what command segfaults?

The segfault is bogus, it's triggered by noflushd hitting a BUG(). The line
before is the interesting one. Actually, this is a FAQ. You're running
noflushd on a kernel compiled with devfs support, but without devfs mounted.
noflushd is terminally lost here, see the README for details. The solution
is to mount devfs, either to /dev if you want to go full pace, or to a
different, 'safe' place like /devfs.

Regards,

Daniel.

--