Re: problem booting hard disk after floppy/NFS install on a 7200/90

Hi,

On  18 Apr, this message from Philipp Kaeser echoed through cyberspace:
>> Nothing, I have a (?)floppy icon and it waits until I insert the boot
>> disk. I can't boot from the HDD. Here is my problem !
>> Can someone help me ?

AFAIR, OF is hopelessly broken for the 7200/8200's built-in display
adapter. Or a matching driver is even missing altogether... don't know.

Anyway,

> Either you're going to set up a small MacOS partition and
> use the BootX loader to launch you into linux, or you're
> going to use the quik boot manager and have to mess around
> a bit with Open Firmware to get you booted properly.

I'd suggest you follow this advice and create a minimal MacOS install on
a smallish partition, and use BootX as a start from there.

Once you get that working, you can try to set up quik. You'll need a
serial console attached to the modem port (I think) setup for 38000,8n1.
Holding Cmd-Opt-O-F should get you an OF promt on the console, then.

Cheers

Michel

L-1710 Luxembourg              |
email   mlan@cpu.lu            |