Power Management et. al.

Hi there,

I installed woody on my Pismo just a week ago. I'm running a recentish benh
kernel (2.4.3pre1) with PMU / Power Management support.
pmud is also working nicely after I made a few changes to /etc/power/pwctrl:

sleep)
### yeah it is
#    $logger -p daemon.error -t pwrctl "$0: sleep function not supported yet"
     sync
     sync
     sync
     fbset 0
### the harddisk won't wake up again for some reason
#    hdparm -f -S 1 -Y /dev/hda
     [ "`cat /proc/ide/hde/model`" != "(none)" ] && hdparm -f -S 1 -Y /dev/hde
;;
wakeup)
     # configure the trackpad
     sleep 4
     /sbin/trackpad notap

So far, so good. Closing it makes it sleep. Now, here's my question: Is there
a way to make it
a) wake up on a LAN connection and/or
b) wake up at a certain time, thus still allow it to execute cron jobs for
example?

Another thing that is becoming a real pain in the neck is the one and only
mouse button. Hey, I admit it, I used to be a PC user and I'm happy now but I
find a context menu can be real nice sometimes :). Is there a way to
configure the X server to emulate a 2nd and 3rd mouse button by pressing some
extra keys like cmd or ctrl, for example?

I've followed the discussions about sound a little bit. XMMS works fine for
me in the patched version that I downloaded from Mike Daenzer. I can play
mp3s fine under a normal user account (no clicks and pops). But, just as it
was posted here before, the volume control doesn't work. I also installed the
Audio CD Reader plugin v0.11b. But this one seems to be broken, it produces
noise. Is there any bugfix available?

A final question: how come that MOL (Mac On Linux) is not available as a
debian package or am I just blind? Where can I get then?

Cheers,

Phil.

--
    Philipp von Weitershausen