Re: problem booting hard disk after floppy/NFS install on a 7200/90

[landry's request didn't go to the list, so if anyone
else has a good clue what to do with that troublesome
Mac, please let him know [and not *me*, thnx :) ]

> Thanks for the info.
> After many tests with the tricky OF, I think I had lost the mac, no
> prompt and no boot at all, the screen goes off 5s after the power up).
> Any idea (the "command option p r" has no effects this time).
>
> Landry.

hm; in some documentation is stated that you can take out
the battery on your Mac's mainboard, then disconnect it
from the power jack and let the NVRAM evaporate (I'm told
it takes a couple of minutes). then, plug the battery and
power back in, and it should reboot again, using standard
settings.

however, you probably need to get your openfirmware
output somewhere, so if you've got a serial terminal
(eg. a PC?), try connect it to the Mac serial output,
set the output variable as it's given in the docu and
try again :)

good luck, bye
Philipp Kaeser