Mouse Question

I'm new to Linux on the PPC architecture and I seem to be powerless when it comes to mouse support. I have a StarMax 5500/200 and am unable to determine the proper configuration for an ADB mouse. Currently /dev/mouse points to /dev/adb and gpmconfig is set to use PS/2 as its protocol. This strikes me as all wrong, however, I don't see a protocol describing ADB mice in gpmconfig's list. What's the secret here? Should I create a character device such as /dev/adbmouse? What should my protocol be?

Thanks,
Michael Hallquist