Re: Exhaustive memory test for Macs?

On Wed, Apr 11, 2001 at 04:35:35PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> but its true the only way to really test virtually all the memory is
> to write the memory tester as a OpenFirmware client and boot it
> directly -- no OS at all.

What if you have two or more ram chips and rotate them between memory checks
or every 20 checks.  Do I have the concept, or is ram virtualized where any
part could be locked and it wouldn't necisarily start from the beginning?

Just a thought... If I'm right, then I'm great being up over 24hrs, if I'm
wrong then I'm not... ;)

Mike