Re: XFree4 on Pismo - kernel 2.4

"David Brown" <debian-powerpc@davidb.org> writes:

> On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 06:46:56PM +0200, Philipp von Weitershausen wrote:
>
> > 2. there's sound but just some disgusting sound instead of music. any hints?
>
> What are you playing the sound with?  Perhaps the samples have the wrong
> byte order.  16 bit samples byte swapped would sound very bad.

I'm using xmms. I've used it with the eSound backend, it although I
get music, it plays at half speed. If I use the OSS backend, I get
noise.

I've also used xmms to play mp3 files ripped using grip and bladenc. I
actually get music at noramal speed, but the quality sucks. It has
artifacts and pops at reqularily spaced intervals...

jas.