Re: XFree4 on Pismo - kernel 2.4

>On Friday 13 April 2001 16:14, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
>> Well, if you don't tell me which the errors are, I'll have difficulties
>> fixing them :)
>
>ok. Sorry. The linking fails with the following error message:
>
>arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o: In function `power_save':
>arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x1a30): undefined reference to `xmon_printf'
>arch/ppc/kernel/kernel.o(.text+0x1a30): relocation truncated to fit:
>R_PPC_REL24 xmon_printf

Enable XMON (in kernel hacking). I've left some debug stuffs in idle.c
that will use xmon_printf to display something in some very rare cases
(harmless).

>I did that. Still get the above error. I attached my kernelconfig.
>
>BTW: I currently have two small problems:
>1. The internal modem doesn't work under 2.4. what happened to the Power Mac
>Z8530 serial driver? (that recognizes the modem under 2.2)

You have macserial installed ? It's supposed to work... You need to leave
some time for the modem to power up after opening the port and before dialing.

>2. there's sound but just some disgusting sound instead of music. any hints?
>
>I appreciate your help,

On Pismo ? Supposed to work too but I didn't test sound for some time,
I'll check what's up.

Ben.