Re: Debian X package shouldn't install XDM by default

On Thu, Apr 12, 2001 at 03:56:16PM +0200 or thereabouts, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> The question here is if you can choose between the two variants with and
> without -core and if the difference is (well) documented. If the answer to

I'm not sure what you mean "with and without -core"...

IIRC (it's been a while since I've used the 'simple' option), there is the
choice of xwindow-core and xwindow-system, and the little blurb about both..
There is no mention of "this package installs XDM". So the user happily
selects both to get a complete Xwin system, answers no to anXious about XDM,
but still gets XDM.

If it is documented somewhere, I don't think it's during the install...

Cheers,
Patrix.

--
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety."