Re: Installing Debian 2.2r2 on a Tibook : help needed !

Le jeu, 12 avr 2001 17:07:30, Philipp von Weitershausen a écrit :

> I had the *exact* same problem with my Pismo installing r2.2. It seems
> that
> yaboot has a problem with the symlinked kernel. Therefore, you should add
> the
> following parameter to your mkofboot line:
>
> --image=/target/boot/vmlinux-2.2.18pre21  (or whatever it is)
>
> That worked for me.

It didn't work for me :-(

I have tried to type in the full path to my kernel at the yaboot prompt as
well (boot : hd:11,/target/boot/vmlinux-2.2.18pre21), but with no more
success...

By the way, I have another error message I did not mention in my previous
mail, which might be relevant.
When I boot from the potato install CD (OF 0> boot cd:,\\yaboot), I get
this warning :

Wrong partition 1 signature

but the system boots anyway... Does it mean that my hd11 partition is not
recognized, which would explain why yaboot can't find my kernel file on it
?

Or is it a non significant warning ?

Franck