XFree4 on Pismo

Hi there,

I'm running woody on my PB Pismo. I'm trying to get Xfree4 to work. I
already got the XF86Config-4 from
http://www.dcs.qmw.ac.uk/~sb/PowerBook/XF86Config-4
The author of that config file has a Lombard so I commented everything about
Lombard out and removed the "#"s where it was needed for my Pismo.
I then started the server (XFree86), but it dies giving the following error
message:

(WW) R128: No matching Device section for instance (BusID PCI:0:16:0) found
(EE) No devices detected.

Well, the config file does specify the device driver, but not the BusID.
/proc/pci tells me:

Bus  0, device  16, function  0:
  VGA compatible controller: ATI Unkown device (rev 2).

And the error message even says that the ATI card is to be found at
PCI:0:16:0. So I added the line

BusID   "PCI:0:16:0"

to the "Device" section of my XF86Config-4 file. Now XFree86 hanged and
couldn't even be aborted by Ctrl+Alt+Backspace. I had to reboot.
Then I saw the option "UseFBDev" in the Lombard part of the the device
section, so I just added that as well. Now the server started and displayed some
funny blue vertical lines on the display until it stopped because it couldn't
open default font 'fixed' (dunno yet how to solve that problem).

Anyways, can anybody help me out on that? Here are the relevant parts of my
XF86Config-4 again:

Section "Monitor"
  Identifier   "Monitor 1"
  VendorName   "Apple Computer"
  ModelName    "Pismo LCD"
  HorizSync    30-85
  VertRefresh  50-100
  Option       "DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
   Identifier "ATI Rage 128"
   Driver "r128"
   BusID  "PCI:0:16:0"
   Option "UseFBDev"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
  Identifer "Screen 1"
  Device    "ATI Rage 128"
  Monitor   "Monitor 1"
  DefaultDepth  24
  SubSection "Display"
    Depth 24
    Modes "1024x768"
  EndSubSection
EndSection

Thanks in advance,

Phil.

P.S.: It might sound *real* stupid to you, but here's just one more
question: how for Christ's sake do I switch between consoles like under PC-Hardware
with Ctrl+Alt+F{1-6}?

--
     Philipp von Weitershausen
[ *pronounce: "fun Viters-houzen" ]