Re: Booting to floppy

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 07:26:55PM -0700, Andrew Sharp wrote:
> Me neither, but what the user was insinuating is that he doesn't
> necessarily know the *right* answers, and wants to have a system
> where he can try many different combinations without having to start
> the install from the beginning each time.  Myself, I would just grab
> the shell and muck with all the settings by hand until I found the
> one that works, but this isn't something that every person knows how
> to do, I guess.  Hard to believe, really.

well frankly you need to know the fscking network numbers before going
to setup a computer on the network, if you don't know what your
network numbers are that can hardly be blamed on debian.  dammit Jim
im an installer not a psychic!

and you can redo the `setup the network' step as many times as you
want before rebooting the box, and console 2 is there so you can do a
quick test (i think ping is there).

Ethan Benson