Re: PB2400 pmud/kernel problem: lost interrupt

hej ben,

> Can you try out my current rsync tree ?
> (rsync from penguinppc.org::linux-2.4-benh)
> It may or may not help, but it's a starting
> point to figure out what's wrong.

okay, I now got your kernel tree (as well
as the bitkeeper tree) booting, using quik.
however, when putting the PB2400 to sleep
(either by "snooze" or by closing the lid),
it darkens the screen, but will *not* awake
again. (and it doesn't blink at the lid shutter,
when sleeping, as it does with 2.2 kernels
and in MacOS).

so, there are these problems:

a) kernels >= 2.4.3 boot only with quik, and not
with BootX 1.2.2 (having the same configuration)

b) both bk and benh trees lock the machine
when going to sleep (spacebar etcetc won't
awake it)

c) the benh tree wil - when booting - set the
fblevel (backlight of screen) to 0; I have to
manually adjust the backlight to see anything

d) kernel 2.2.17 (paulus, most recent I've been
using) produces a "DEFAULT CATCH" in quik, but
boots flawlessly from BootX 1.2.2.

I'd gladly help in debugging the snooze mode in
2.4 kernels; if anyone could give me a hint on
how to help with that... :)

thanks, bye
Philipp Kaeser / furball@space.ch