Re: Yaboot and Apache (the neverending story)

On Tue, Apr 10, 2001 at 12:37:24PM +0200, Olaf Grewe wrote:
> >I would like to install Debian ppc but there are many files and I don't
>
> >know well what I must download and install, there isn't a cdrom image ?
>

> There are several around, so you might want to try one of these:
>
> ftp://ftp.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/cdimage.debian.org/2.2_rev2/powerpc
>
> ftp://ftp.proxad.net/mirrors/debian-cd.debian.org/debian-cd/2.2_rev2/powerpc
>
> ftp://ftp.du.se/disk2/debian-cd/2.2_rev2/powerpc
>
> ftp://ftp.srv.ualberta.ca/pub/Mirror/debian-iso/2.2_rev2/powerpc

ftp://ftp.XX.kernel.org/pub/mirrors/debian-cd/2.2_rev2/powerpc

XX = your country code, ie us, uk...

> Please note, though, that you will have to browse this list's archive a
> lot to get things working. Otherwise you're in for a nice newbie
> bashing, which in turn no one is really looking forward to.

read the installation docs and the mac-fdisk-basics doc from my page.
the main irritating question is `i used the `make bootable from hard
disk' and my system does not boot!' the method for getting the
bootstrap correctly setup is clearly documented in the debian install
instructions (look for `mkofboot').  and the correct way to partition
and create the bootstrap partition is documented in my mac-fdisk doc.

http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/doc

or for a non slow server

http://penguinppc.org/usr/ybin/doc

i highly reccommend you repartition from scratch so that you can get
the bootstrap stuff setup correctly which linuxppc botches the worst.
and to fully purge MacOS which it doesn't sound like you need
(running a server).

the main list archive questions mostly fall into the realm of X11 and
mouse button emulation crap, X11 should be a non-issue on a server
since you won't install it.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/