Printing Help Needed

Hi,

I have two AppleTalk printers (LaserWriter 12/640 and Tektronix Phaser
740L), which needs to be working with Linux and Samba. I have created two
printcap entries (shown below), spool directories, .paprc files inside
spool directories, and updated papd.conf file.

Problems:

1) After sending PostScript job (with lpr) from Linux virtually nothing
happen (although spool file DOES EXIST inside spool directory). lpd and
Netatalk 1.499 are running (I can even send postscript file directly to
both printers with pap, but not lpr). Checking printers with papstatus
reports that both printers are OK. I have restarted Linux, but it did not
helped either. All permissions are also OK.

2) Printing from Mac results PostScript error.

What could be the problem? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Andrei.

------------------------

"<- comments" do not exist in config files, I've added them only in this
e-mail.

/etc/printcap

LW640|LW640:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/LW640:\ <- .paprc is OK
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :sh:sf:\
        :mx#0:\
        :of=/etc/atalk/filters/ofpap: <- filter exists

Phaser740L|Phaser740L:\
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/Phaser740L:\ <- .paprc is OK
        :lp=/dev/null:\
        :sh:sf:\
        :mx#0:\
		      :if=/var/log/lpd-errs:\       <- created and exist
        :of=/etc/atalk/filters/ofpap:  <- filter exists

/etc/atalk/papd.conf

LW640 Linux:\
	:pr=LW640:\
	:pd=/etc/PPD/LaserWriter-12-640-PS.PPD:   <- PPD file OK

Phaser740L Linux:\
	:pr=Phaser740L:\
	:pd=/etc/PPD/TEK740L.PPD:    <- PPD file OK