X dies while I'm not looking...

I'm not sure if this is powerpc-specific, or not, but I have a somewhat
annoying issue where X will die if I stop using it for a while (e.g. leave
the room or work on a virtual terminal).  It does this whether I am just
sitting in kdm or if I'm logged in under X, and seems to happen every ten
minutes if I'm not using X.  It has been happening for weeks, but only
recently did it happen while I was logged in on X, since usually I don't
stay on X if I'm not using it.

I am running unstable, and looked at the logs to get an idea as to what is
happening, but failed.

Here is the top of my

# more XFree86.0.log
XFree86 Version 4.0.2 / X Window System
Release Date: 18 December 2000
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is
        newer than the above date, look for a newer version before
        reporting problems.  (See http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ)
Operating System: Linux 2.2.18pre21 ppc [ELF]
Module Loader present
(==) Log file: "/var/log/XFree86.0.log", Time: Sun Apr  8 08:45:28 2001

Here is what syslog showed when it happened:

Apr  8 08:45:28 ludwig kdm[221]: Server for display :0 terminated unexpectedly: 1536

This is bizarre, and quite annoying.  I have no idea what could be causing
this.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
--
David Roundy
http://civet.berkeley.edu/droundy/