Yaboot Config Question

I am trying to get Debian 2.2 on a 9600/200MP.
When I reboot I get the Disk with the X in it. Which means I
need to configure My boot loader. I can't get into OF I get a
black screen.

I boot with the floppies and go to a shell I mount my root
partion (/dev/sda3) to /target and run ybin -b /dev/sda3.
It tells me there's no config file. or it tells me it's not a
HFS file system.

I am used to Lilo and debian on i386. would some one give me a
clue on what steps I am suppose to do to configure yaboot.
If I am doing this ass backwards send me a Link to were I can
learn the PowerPC way.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag