XF4.0: Bad key release events for meta/control

Hey,

I've noticed something that I think is an XF4.0 bug, but I thought I'd
check it with y'all first.

I've had problems with this for quite some time. I'll be working in
Emacs and scrolling down a bunch of text (Control-V), and I'll pause
for a few seconds, still holding down the control key, then when I try
to resume by hitting the 'V' it prints it to my buffer instead of
scrolling.

So I started up xev, and sure enough, about 4 seconds after I release
the 'V' key, I get a Key_Release on the control key, even though I'm
still holding it down. If I just hold down the control I don't get the
spurious key release. The same happens with the Meta- key, as well as
with other character combinations (not just 'V').

What's up with this?? It's a riteous pain in the butt, and it's a
bug. Any ideas of where to look for a fix? I used to work fine, but
around the time I switched to XF4.0 it started happening.

jas.