Re: debian: cvs server giving permission denied

They all looked OK, then I noticed that CVSROOT had ownership/group of root/root. I changed the group to cvsusers and now everything works ok. Thanks for giving me the prod to the obvious.

Brendan Simon.

Doug McNaught wrote:

Brendan J Simon <brendan.simon@bigpond.com> writes:

I've got a CVS server on a PowerMac running Debian GNU Linux
(stable).  I can checkout from the repository but I can not do
simple operations like status or update.  This only happens when
performing these operations on directories with subdirectories
(excluding CVS).  Is this a known problem and how do I solve it.

Sanity check:  does the user the server runs as have write access to
all the directories in the repository?