Re: Airport support in 2.4.x kernel

Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:

> By the way, make sure you secure your wireless so it is not open for
> everyone with DHCP.. There are WAY too many of these, while it may be
> "convenient" to get free internet to a hotel room from a nearby new
> media agency, it is not fun from their point of view. Very often you get
> access to their very internal network, and a cool firewall for the
> internet connection is not very useful if you can access the internal
> network from the neigbouring apartment with a laptop and a wavelan
> card..

Yes, this is probably not a bad idea, but the reason I have steered away from
setting it up like that is that it would make it just a bit harder for people
to bring a laptop into my house and connect to it, without the encryption it
seems easier.

I guess my neighbor could connect to it if he likes, if he could get a signal
from his house next door (I don't have decent signal in my entire house as it
is).

Thanks for the help again, I will look at enabling encryption.

--

Alan DuBoff
Software Orchestration, Inc.