Re: Airport support in 2.4.x kernel

On 16 Mar 2001 22:47:56 -0800, Alan DuBoff wrote:
> I am so excited to send you the first message over my airport using the
> wireless in the room next to my office...<G>

By the way, make sure you secure your wireless so it is not open for
everyone with DHCP.. There are WAY too many of these, while it may be
"convenient" to get free internet to a hotel room from a nearby new
media agency, it is not fun from their point of view. Very often you get
access to their very internal network, and a cool firewall for the
internet connection is not very useful if you can access the internal
network from the neigbouring apartment with a laptop and a wavelan
card..

Tuomas

Tuomas Kuosmanen - Art Director -
Ximian - tigert@ximian.com -