Re: debian-powerpc: Apple Titanium notebooks ?

On Thu, Mar 08, 2001 at 09:36:34AM +1100, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> I don't know about RTC.  Never used it (knowingly).  I have had problems
> with the sound driver.  I had the Sound Support and PowerMac DMA Sound
> selected as modules but I didn't here any beeps in my gnome-terminals.
> If I select "Y" instead of "M", then I do get the bell sound in my
> terminals.

bigfoot:~$ uname -a
Linux bigfoot 2.4.2-pmac1 #2 SMP Mon Mar 5 22:44:05 AST 2001 ppc unknown
bigfoot:~$ lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
hfs                    86960   0 (autoclean)
dmasound_pmac          24512   0
dmasound_core          11872   0 [dmasound_pmac]
soundcore               4944   3 [dmasound_core]
isofs                  19824   0 (autoclean)
sg                     30672   0 (autoclean)
sr_mod                 15680   0 (autoclean)
cdrom                  29088   0 (autoclean) [sr_mod]

 The machine's called bigfoot because it's a huge 35kg tower from Daystar.
(35kg weighs about 75 pounds on earth, for backward-thinking imperials out
there.  If you like imperial units, remember:  In star wars, the empire
loses :)

 I had no problems building dmasound as a module.  You do need to set up
your modutils so it knows to load it when something tried to use a sound
device, though.  put
alias char-major-14 dmasound_awacs  # This worked for Linus's tree?
or
alias char-major-14 dmasound_pmac   # works for paulus and fsmlabs trees.
into /etc/modutils/local.config  (or any other file.  I like to not add
stuff to the conffiles, so I don't have to edit by hand on every upgrade of
the modutils package.)  Don't forget to run update-modules after you add the
file.

--
#define X(x,y) x##y