Re: debian2.2r2 on powerbook G4

On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, Alan DuBoff wrote:

> Eric Deveaud wrote:
>
> > I'm trying to install debian on a powerbook G4 (titanium).
> >
> > as the cd is non bootable, I grab the linux kernel and ramdisk.image.gz
> > from /potato/main/disks-powerpc/2.2.19-2000-12-03/powermac/
>
> No, that CD is bootable. The trick is knowing how to force the G4 titanium
> into booting from the CD.

I should have said as the cd is non bootable on this particular
machine...

sure the cd is bootable, I succesfully install a pismo, an iMac, a G3
with this CD.

it seem's that 2.4.x boots the Titanium, I'll continue this morning.

> I think you are better off getting the CD to boot and building the kernel on
> the titanium.

unfortumatly i wasn't able to boot this powerbook from the cd even while
holding the 'C' key at startup (which is the `secret key combo' to boot
from the CD since a while on PowerMacs) nor using yaboot.

I've compiled the 2.4.2 on an iMac, and I'll grab it to the Titanium
into a few minutes....

> I don't like the concept of building a kernel on another
> machine, since the hardware could be and probably is different

sure the hardware is different, the most inportant is to use the good
options for .config

> It might even
> be me if I get a titanium...(looking over shoulder to see if wife is watching
> me type;-).

	 ;-))

	Eric

--
TN: Hahahahahah ! Ma copine aussi est utilisable sous Linux ;-)
ST: C'est quelle version , ta copine ?  TN: Beta 1 ;-)))