Re: evolution etc...

On Sun, Mar 04, 2001 at 09:26:10PM +1100, thus said Craige McWhirter:
> Toumas, not having really used the Evolution address book (I'm back to
> using Balsa/Mutt) I gave it a whirl and experienced exactly what you
> described.
>
> I could watch (with gkrellm) my RAM and swap get gobbled up. I averted a
> crash only by closing Evolution just before the swap filled up. It also
> works fine on my i386 machine.
>
> Scary stuff ;)

Yep, but bugs happen when stuff is in progress.. :)

Thanks for help though, I now know that it is just not my machine, but
looks more likely that it is an endianness issue or something else that is
processor architecture specific.

Next I guess I gotta look with Chris (the addressbook dude) whether it
crashes on Sparc too etc.. Duh. Well, good that I went for the Pismo instead
of an IBM laptop, the end result would be one ppc-specific bug less..

Tuomas

--

.--->  tigert@ximian.com        .    |\,/|          tigert@gimp.org  <-----.
+---->  www.ximian.com         -  ()-@@  ,           tigert.gimp.org  <----+