Re: evolution etc...

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 12:09:31AM +1100, thus said Craige McWhirter:
> Phil, I think your message may be referrencing my messages about getting
> Evolution running. I didn't make any package changes (I wouldn't even know
> how) I merely installed evolution, libxml1 and bonobo (from Sid) to get
> Evolution functioning. It still does not perform as "stable" as my i386
> laptop version. Neither are particularly stable but they are usable.

Out of curiosity, does your Evolution addressbook work on ppc? I am having
it crash if I run it on my debian ppc Pismo, however it works fine on the
same debian testing i386 desktop machine.

I have tracked it down to the Wombat (the evolution backend server process)
crashing on lex_getword or something, I was just curious if anyone else has
found similar problems when running it.. As "is this just my system being
weird or is this common to all linux/ppc systems?" I am pestering the coder
dudes here for it, but it seems to be something strange. Wombat starts
chomping memory like crazy and when it cant get any more, as swap and mem
are all eaten, it dies. Hmm.

Tuomas

--

.--->  tigert@ximian.com        .    |\,/|          tigert@gimp.org  <-----.