Re: Q: double Boot for SMP 7300

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 02:13:00PM +0100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> If you got the kernel to lockup, it would be interesting to figure out what
> happened.

 yeah, it would be :/

> Did it manage to display a panic message ?

 No, it just locked hard. :(

> If you enable xmon, do you get some output from it ?

 I haven't been using the machine much.  I booted it up again to look
through the logs, and I noticed that I had 2.4.1, not .2, so things were
even worse!  While compiling 2.4.2, I saw an error message:
_spin_unlock(c014301c): cpu3 trying clear of cpu 2 pc c0042d34 val ffffff
There are a couple error messages like this in the log files, but nothing
from the crash.

 I'm compiling 2.4.2 now, with xmon included.  (just Linus's tree, since
I've already got that downloaded.  What's the difference between the fsmlabs
tree and the paulus tree?)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y