Re: Q: double Boot for SMP 7300

> I haven't been using the machine much.  I booted it up again to look
>through the logs, and I noticed that I had 2.4.1, not .2, so things were
>even worse!  While compiling 2.4.2, I saw an error message:
>_spin_unlock(c014301c): cpu3 trying clear of cpu 2 pc c0042d34 val ffffff
>There are a couple error messages like this in the log files, but nothing
>from the crash.
>
> I'm compiling 2.4.2 now, with xmon included.  (just Linus's tree, since
>I've already got that downloaded.  What's the difference between the fsmlabs
>tree and the paulus tree?)

I don't know how well Linus tree is in sync with us at 2.4.2, I would
suggest waiting for 2.4.3 at least to get it running on your box.

Also, the Daystar quad support is pretty new and has been more or less
broken for some time. I fixed it a few weeks ago. You should try to get a
kernel from the bitkeeper PPC tree.

Ben.