Re: Q: double Boot for SMP 7300

>Use nvsetenv:
>
>[mlan@piglet ~]$ rpm -qf `which nvsetenv`
>pmac-utils-1.1.1-1b
>
>-- on my LinuxPPC box.
>
>nvsetenv boot-device  "/AAPL,ROM"
>
>and on next reboot you go into MacOS. From MacOS, use your existing
>tools (if any) or bootvars to reset boot-device and boot-file back to
>what you need for Linux.

No, Michel, miBoot is loaded by the MacOS ROM, so changing boot-device
won't help, you have to tweak the MacOS boot-device info which is a
different thing (and pretty screwed). The best way to resolve that would
be to add an option in miBoot itself to do that. I'll see what I can do
as soon as I manage to put back my hand on an oldworld box.

Ben.