Re: Q: double Boot for SMP 7300

On Fri, Mar 02, 2001 at 02:14:55PM +0100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

> No, Michel, miBoot is loaded by the MacOS ROM, so changing boot-device
> won't help, you have to tweak the MacOS boot-device info which is a
> different thing (and pretty screwed). The best way to resolve that would
> be to add an option in miBoot itself to do that. I'll see what I can do
> as soon as I manage to put back my hand on an oldworld box.

there are some key incantations that can sometimes persuade oldworld
ROM macs to boot different macos partitions, its rather flaky though.
iirc its something like command option shift <n> where <n> is a number
of the partition you want to boot from.  delete causes the ROM to
ignore the internal hard disk and look elsewhere.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/