Re: mouse/SSL-browser/console fonts/beeping

On Sat, Feb 24, 2001 at 01:03:06PM +0000, tech_related@ip.pt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> [The first of these questions is copied from my previous email to the list.]
>
> 1 - I am aware that many people "bind" the F11 and F12 keys to the second and third mouse
> buttons, yet I am curious as to whether it is possible to emulate these buttons by holding down
> the Option/Command keys while clicking (as under MacOS) - is this feasible? Is it also possible
> to make this work with gpm?

don't know

> 2 - Is there any "free" combination of programs that would allow me to browse SSL-enabled
> websites? I have Mozilla M18-3, together with openssl 0.9.4-5 and libssl09 0.9.4-5, installed,
> but the connection is always refused...

you need to setup psm, see /usr/share/doc/mozilla/psm-helper for
instructions on how to do this (you need to tweak the Makefile there,
its redhat only)

> 3 - Is it possible to find console fonts larger than 8x16?

there are other font options in the kernel, i have never tried messing
with that though.

> 4 - Is there any easy way in which I can make my Pismo produce a beep?

modprobe dmasound maybe.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/