Re: Next Mozilla Question

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 01:20:08AM -0800, Wilhelm *Rafial* Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Is there some post install magic that needs to happen for the Mozilla PSM
> stuff as well.  After getting Moz 0.8 running from the penguinppc .rpm by
> alien installing it, and running the post install script provided by Ethan,
> I then alien installed the mozilla-psm rpm from the same location.  But
> mozilla still can't open https URLs.  Is there more post install magic I
> need to do?

ah psm, another peice of software designed with the win98
no-security-whatsoever model.  you have to compile a fake wrapper
library that returns sucess when the lame psm code tries and open
files read-write that it shouldn't.   the wrapper is in the debian M18
mozilla package in /usr/share/doc/mozilla/psm-helper/  the
instructions for it are there as well.

<sarcasm>
or you could just chmod -R 6777 /  to make mozilla happy.  [0]
</sarcasm>

[0] don't do this unless your insane.

--
Ethan Benson