Re: Kernel panic in Debian Install

On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 10:44:59AM -0800, Andrew Sharp wrote:

> Nah, it happened to me on my lowly 7200 as well.  The question is,
> during this install did you attempt to change the partition
> information on the disk that you booted from?  This shouldn't be a
> problem, but that was the circumstance under which it happened to
> me, so I just assumed that it was related.  Was no big deal, except
> that afterwards I couldn't boot from that disk and the install
> wasn't finished.  Doh!

wierd, this bug is sounding stranger and stranger...  when i first
installed debian (a long time ago) i repartitioned the disk i booted
from (that is to say it had the root.bin kernel and yaboot) and did
not have a problem.  but this was back around 2.2.12 or so.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/