Re: Kernel panic in Debian Install

Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 19, 2001 at 11:13:12PM +1000, Ben Marsh wrote:
> > Well it was a toss up between writing this to a kernel mailing list or the
> > debian one.  I hope I chose right.
> >
> > I get a kernel panic when writing the partition information in the debian
> > install.
> >
> > kernel panic: Exception in kernel pc c0205a6c signal 4
>
> this has been known to happen on some machines recently, i thought it
> was only SMP macs but it seems to happen on many of the very recent
> ones.

Nah, it happened to me on my lowly 7200 as well.  The question is,
during this install did you attempt to change the partition
information on the disk that you booted from?  This shouldn't be a
problem, but that was the circumstance under which it happened to
me, so I just assumed that it was related.  Was no big deal, except
that afterwards I couldn't boot from that disk and the install
wasn't finished.  Doh!