Re: OF setting for Quik booting in a 7200

Ethan Benson wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 02:10:03PM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> >
> > I've spent the last month trying to get QUIK to work on a 7200, if you want to
> > get it working in a reasonable time, make a 50MB hfs partition install MacOS 8.5
> > and bootX.  It'll make the easiest boot loader I've ever worked with, 'cept for
> > lilo.
>
> what kernel? the only problems a friend of mine has had is 2.2.15 and
> 2.2.16 14 and 17 work great with quik.  you need to compile with
> CONFIG_BOOTX=n though. (perhaps not on 2.2.18, im (rather he is) not
> going to test it though)

All attempts have been made on a stock debian ppc kernel, which I have recently
found has CONFIG_BOOTX_TEXT=y :(

I'll give it another try next in the week after next, and try setting the
boot-device using the SCSI ID.

... Hmm, on one of my 7200s /dev/sda is on mesh id 0

Oh, well.  I'll compile a 2.2.18 or 19pre2 and test it with quik.

Mike