Re: OF setting for Quik booting in a 7200

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Mike Fedyk wrote:

> Ethan Benson wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, Feb 06, 2001 at 02:10:03PM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
> > >
> > > I've spent the last month trying to get QUIK to work on a 7200, if you want to
> > > get it working in a reasonable time, make a 50MB hfs partition install MacOS 8.5
> > > and bootX.  It'll make the easiest boot loader I've ever worked with, 'cept for
> > > lilo.

Hi,

it took me a couple of days before I had figured out how it works. The
solution was in the manpage of nvsetenv.

This is what I did for my 7300:
boot-device	scsi-int/sd@0:0
boot-file	/vmlinuz root=/dev/sda2

Note that quik cannot handle symlinks, so do a 'cp /vmlinux /vmlinuz',
check /etc/quik.conf and run quik.

When you are going to run entirely without macos, make sure your bootdisk
works. See the archive from last week, I posted some stuff about this

Greetz,
Sebastiaan