Re: installing debian on a IBM B50 (chrp)

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 11:06:25AM +0100, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> the next reboot. Install ash too.
> When you are done, exit the chroot jail, run ash (which is a statically
> linked shell with many build in commands) and:
>
> cd /
> mkdir oldroot
> mv usr bin sbin lib var home [...] oldroot/
> mv newroot/* .
> telinit 1
>
> ***BEWARE*** check that the new binaries and libraries are working
> before quitting ash!

umm, I am pretty sure you mean sash

sash is a small shell with many common capabilities built into it,
statically linked, it has saved the ass of many many admins I know,
including myself, ash is just a bourne shell variant.

type "apt-cache show ash sash" for details

	See You
	    Steve

--
sjh@wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh/