Re: installing debian on a IBM B50 (chrp)

On Jan 08, Borut Mrak <borut.mrak@ijs.si> wrote:

 >> the yellowdog kernel image (look for the link on www.yellowdoglinux.com)
 >Would that be the kernel(s) from
 >ftp://ftp.terraplex.com/pub/updates/kernel/2.4.0/?
The old link disappeared, look at
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/faq_rs6k.shtml .

 >> boot floppy:,zimage load_ramdisk=1
Oh, I forgot to add root=/dev/ram (or is it root=/dev/fd0? If mounting
the root fails, try both).

 > ok
 >0 > boot floppy:,zimage load_ramdisk=1 unrecognized Client Program formatstate not valid
 > ok
 >0 >
I don't know what does it mean.
Anyway, when I tried loading the debian root image using suse kernel
slang was broken and I could not even get to the shell.

 >Yes, please send me one of your working kernels. If you have bandwidth to
 >spare, send me more of those ;-] I'll send you my direct address privately.
You can download http://attila.bofh.it/~md/vmlinuz-2.4.0 .

Linux attila 2.4.0-test11 #11 Wed Dec 13 12:02:51 CET 2000 ppc unknown

--
ciao,
Marco