Re: compiling kernel

> what include links?  you aren't redhatizing your system by replacing
> /usr/include/linux with a symlink to /usr/src/linux/include/linux are
> you?

Well, this was a problem I talked about earlier in this thread.  I was originally
compiling the kernel so I could make my G3 Powerbook work with a WaveLan card.  I
was running 2.2.15 and I compiled the 2.2.16 kernel and booted it fine, but yes,
based on documentation I found online, I made links from /usr/include/linux to
/usr/src/linux/include/linux (same for /include asm, and scsi), but like I said, it
booted and ran fine.  I was reporting problems I had when trying to compile the
PCMCIA package (because I put a number in the EXTRAVERSION field of the Makefile,
messing stuff up, which I removed), and I mentioned the /include links.  I was told
not to do that, and to remove those links, which I did.  (Note: before I made the
links in /include there was no /usr/include/linux.)  I am now trying to compile the
kernal, and can't get 'make vmlinux' to work.  Again, I get this:

In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36
                         from scripts/split-include.c:26
/usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
make:***[scripts/split-include/ Error 1

So that's the deal.

Thanks for your patience

Josh.