Re: compiling kernel

On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 07:59:48AM -0500, Josh wrote:
> I did everything as instructed, then at 'make vmlinux' got the following
> message, rather quickly (I repeated with newly unpacked source and got the
> same):
>
> In file included from /usr/include/errno.h:36
>                          from scripts/split-include.c:26
> /usr/include/bits/errno.h:25: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
> make:***[scripts/split-include/ Error 1
>
> What's up with that?

sounds like you don't have some of the -dev packages installed:

[eb@socrates eb]$ dlocate -S /usr/include/errno.h
libc6-dev: /usr/include/errno.h
[eb@socrates eb]$

install libc6-dev and at least that error will go away, you may have
to install a couple others.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/