Re: compiling kernel

>install all of this:
>
>Depends: binutils, bzip2, fileutils (>= 4.0)
>Recommends: libc-dev, gcc, make
>Suggests: libncurses-dev | ncurses-dev, task-tcltk-dev,
>kernel-package, bin86

libncurses-dev | ncurses-dev, task-tcltk-dev, kernel-package were installed
bin 86 couldn't be found (ftp.debian.org, ftp.us.debian.org)

>tell me again what process your using for building the kernel?
>make-kpkg or make config && make dep && make vmlinux && make
>modules_modules ?

make oldconfig
make dep
make vm linux
That's where I get stuck

The first time I did this, booted from 2.2.15, I had the /include links, and I
was able to compile ok and boot.  Should I do 'make config' instead of 'make
oldconfig' and redo the configuration?  Should I boot from 2.2.15 and try from
there??