Re: compiling kernel

On Mon, Jul 10, 2000 at 09:30:48PM -0500, Josh wrote:
> > also check that you have a /usr/src/linux symlink pointing at your
> > kenrel source (did i already mention that?)
>
> Got that.
>
> > also are you using kernel sources from paul's rsync tree? or
> > ftp.kernel.org?  or a debian kernel source package?
>
> >From ftp.kernel.org (I think)

i have compiled kernels successfully from ftp.kernel.org on debian/ppc
but they never boot.

i am not sure what else could be wrong..

tell me again what process your using for building the kernel?
make-kpkg or make config && make dep && make vmlinux && make
modules_modules ?

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/