Re: aty128 framebuffer annoyance

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 04:58:43PM +0200, Michel Dänzer wrote:
> Ethan Benson wrote:
>
> > is there any way to verify this ?  the weird thing is sometimes it
> > does not do it, but i cannot see any pattern to when it does or does
> > not, most of the time it does.
>
> That's exactly how it used to be with pm2fb IIRC. Probably the interrupt in
> the signal is very short and not always noticed by the monitor, e.g. during
> horizontal or vertical retrace.

maybe, i can switch between two VCs several times either really fast
or about on 1 second intervals and it will be fine, but then agian
sometimes it blanks each and every time.

> > i do hear the monitor make a very slight hum... shimmering sound,
> > about like it does when changing resolution or something, rather
> > subtle about like a monitor resync ;-)
>
> My idea is the monitor thinks it lost signal because of the RAMDAC
> reprogramming and it then resyncs as if it was a new resolution.

that sounds about right, the monitor is definitly making a sound when
it happens, i don't really know how to describe it.

so who would i talk to/send beer to get a patch?

thanks

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/