Re: aty128 framebuffer annoyance

Ethan Benson wrote:

> is there any way to verify this ?  the weird thing is sometimes it
> does not do it, but i cannot see any pattern to when it does or does
> not, most of the time it does.

That's exactly how it used to be with pm2fb IIRC. Probably the interrupt in
the signal is very short and not always noticed by the monitor, e.g. during
horizontal or vertical retrace.

> i do hear the monitor make a very slight hum... shimmering sound,
> about like it does when changing resolution or something, rather
> subtle about like a monitor resync ;-)

My idea is the monitor thinks it lost signal because of the RAMDAC
reprogramming and it then resyncs as if it was a new resolution.

Michel

--
Therapy is expensive, popping bubble wrap is cheap. You choose.
Debian GNU/Linux (powerpc,i386) user \   member of XFree86, Team *AMIGA*, AUGS