Re: Kernel build problem.

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 05:16:47PM +0800, Rolf Schatzmann wrote:
> I am having problems trying to build a 2.4 kernel. I can and have built many
> 2.2 kernels and that works fine. However attempts to build the 2.4 kernel
> fail after I do make vmlinux. I have tried test 10 and test 12 and it does
> the same thing on both my powerpc machines (one is a B&W G3 running potato
> and one is an 8500 running woody)
>
> each time I get an error 1 or error2 at a different location during the make
> process.
>
> Am I missing something obvious?

what sources are you using?  2.2.18 is pretty much entirely in sync
with the powerpc branch so you can use the sources from kernel.org,
but 2.4 is a different story, the mainline 2.4 is broken on powerpc.
so you either need to use the trees on penguinppc.org or bk.  or else
use the latest alan cox branch, i think 2.4.0-test13pre4-ac2 (or is it
ac3) has all the powerpc patches in place.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/