Re: new input layer

Sergio Brandano wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> Adam C Powell IV wrote:
>
> > >  Yes, echoing on /proc is what I did too. The values are 103 and 111
> > >  but I still report the problem.
> >
> > And you echoed to the mouse_button_emulation too?  And when you read it, it
> > gives 1?  That's very strange.  The Debian kernel is working fine for me,
> > and it seems, for a lot of other people.
>
> Of course, mouse_button_emulation gives 1 too.
>
> According to "showkey", the values 103 and 111 correspond respectively to
> Function11 and Function12, that were just fine until I installed the new
> kernel.
> I thought the keyboard may have changed settings with the upgrades, then
> I reloaded from mac-us-std using kbdconfig. The buttons are still dead.
>
> > Oh one thing- the key codes don't make any sense to me.  I use 56 and 100
> > for left and right alt, but those aren't the right codes for those keys in
> > the ADB or PS/2 mappings!  I just used "guess and check", you may have to as
> > well. :-(
> >

> Ah. That  explains why the uparrow disappears every time I enable
> mouse_button_emulation. By playing with it, I discovered that 103 is actually
> the uparrow, which is also the mouse button 2. The funny thing is that,
> at the same time, "showkey" maps F11 to 103.

Because your keyboard is using ADB keycodes and your mouse emulation is
expecting _Linux_ keycodes.

Has any of you read this page about the PPC Input layer ?!
http://home.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/inputppc.html

Proper keycodes in linux/include/linux/input.h or
http://homepages.munich.netsurf.de/Franz.Sirl/input.h

And, for F*ck's sake read the page. That's one week that you're talking
about things that are explained on this page...

Cheers

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net