Re: new input layer

Hi Adam,

Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> >  Yes, echoing on /proc is what I did too. The values are 103 and 111
> >  but I still report the problem.
>
> And you echoed to the mouse_button_emulation too?  And when you read it, it
> gives 1?  That's very strange.  The Debian kernel is working fine for me,
> and it seems, for a lot of other people.

Of course, mouse_button_emulation gives 1 too.

According to "showkey", the values 103 and 111 correspond respectively to
Function11 and Function12, that were just fine until I installed the new
kernel.
I thought the keyboard may have changed settings with the upgrades, then
I reloaded from mac-us-std using kbdconfig. The buttons are still dead.

> Oh one thing- the key codes don't make any sense to me.  I use 56 and 100
> for left and right alt, but those aren't the right codes for those keys in
> the ADB or PS/2 mappings!  I just used "guess and check", you may have to as
> well. :-(

Ah. That  explains why the uparrow disappears every time I enable
mouse_button_emulation. By playing with it, I discovered that 103 is actually
the uparrow, which is also the mouse button 2. The funny thing is that,
at the same time, "showkey" maps F11 to 103.

> The Debian kernel is working fine for me, and it seems, for a lot of other
people.

It seems to me that you all went around the problem...
Either the kernel has to be fixed or there is a problem with showkey.

Sergio