Re[2]: PC hardware on PPC

Hi,

Some PCI cards for PC machines works well on PPCLinux.
If the drivers for some devices is endian-free drivers, the devices
have some ability to work on PowerPC machines.

Return for :
>From: Paul Talacko <talacko@yarn.demon.co.uk>
on " Re: PC hardware on PPC "
date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:59:33 +0000 >>>

>On Thu, Dec 14, 2000 at 08:30:57AM -0800, Mike Fedyk wrote:
>> I have several cards that I would like to use on my 7300 Pmac.  Does anyone know
>> if any will work on this arch with Linux?
>>
>> Ethernet:
>> RealTek 8139
>
>I couldn't get this working at all.  It needs someone to hack the driver as far
>as I know :-)

RTL8029 works well with NE2k-PCI drivers.

RTL8139, I don't know about this.

>> AMD PCnet

"LANCE" works well because this is on IBM PReP machines.

>> 3com 95x
>> Intel EE Pro

Sorry.

>> SCSI:
>> Symbios chip

Works well because most of PRePs have this cards.
And, the default SCSI card on Machintosh MT300, Atto's makes, is
SYMBIOS 53c875 itself.

Best regards.
Kaz Aoshima = Editor of the PReP station
Material development, Faculty of engineering,
Tohoku University, Japan
E-mail:aoshimak@mail.cc.tohoku.ac.jp
#I would appreciate if you could give me suggestions
 for my impolite English expressions.